|The mission of the Humane Society of Marion County, Inc. is to prevent cruelty, suffering
and overpopulation of animals through education, housing and financial support.
The Humane Society of Marion County depends on community support. If you want
to help homeless animals in Marion County, here are some things you can do to
Become a volunteer. Here are some of our volunteer needs:
- Walk the dogs; pet the cats.
- Provide basic training to the dogs by becoming a part of the training team.
- Help in the office with clerical tasks.
- Assist at the Humane Society's Thrift Shop by helping to get merchandise on the floor, tagging merchandise, etc.
- Be available to help at special events such as Hot Dogs &
Cool Cats annual festival, Dog Days of Summer barbeque party, John Jennings Golf Tournament, etc. Volunteers at these events
can collect tickets, sell prize drawing tickets, fill water bowls for the dogs, clean up after the event, the list goes on.
If you don't have the time or inclination to volunteer,
become a financial donor. It costs over $400,000 a year just to operate the shelter. The Humane Society does not receive any
taxpayer funding. We depend upon our animal lover supporters for financial assistance.
- Become a member of the Humane Society of Marion County. There are a number of membership levels.
- Make a donation to the Capital Campaign Fund.
- Become a sponsor of one of our fundraising events.
- Encourage your company to participate in the Paw Pal program. Employees can have as little as $1 per week taken from their paychecks as a donation to the Humane Society.
- Donate pet food, blankets, kitty litter, pet toys, pet coats and sweaters. If you belong to a group that does knitting or crafts, knit blankets or pillows or build cat scratching posts.
- Take your previously loved items to the Thrift Store for us to sell. We will accept furniture, clothing, jewelry, appliances, etc.